Tuesday, April 16, 2013

An attempt at prose

this is an attempt at prose. just something to get my creative juices flowing and to get somethings out of my head.

AMENDS

I sit here tonight wondering
If you will ever want me again

I suffer from a heavy sadness
One that is rooted deep in remorse

I regret all that I have done
The lies, the cheating, the secrets

I don’t know how to say “I’m sorry”
In a way that you’ll understand

I wish I could prove I’m changing
And you could see the new me blooming

I still face temptation at every turn
But rise strong and meet it head on

I hope you someday see this new strength
That wells up in me and grows everyday

I want to say “I love you” a thousand times
Yet face a fear that it will only anger you

I miss you so much, ache for you daily
Your love, your touch, your sweet kisses

I am dying and there is only one cure
You, your love, your final forgiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment