Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lena, my Beautiful

We saw a new pediatrician today. One in adolescent care. She started some blood work on Lena and some X-rays. Lena already has signs of scoliosis. The blood work is to check her basic metabolic functions. Lena has so many of the signs of Mito. But to hear a doctor say and agree that we need to start testing, it's scary. I love my daughter more than life and I don't want her in the same everyday pain that Alex and I deal with. I want to save her from that, to give her something better. and the sad part is, her dad won't acknowledge that there is something physically wrong with his daughter.
In the end though, she will always be my Beautiful. Perfect in every way.

4 comments:

  1. Hugs, and I am glad you found a good adolescent ped- they are worth their weight in gold when you find one! Mito won't change her being your Beautiful and perfect- in some ways, I cherish my Abby more because I know what a struggle it is for her to stay sweet-

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the same for Lena. I know how hard it is for her and I know what the journey forward holds. She has her moments when she gets snippy, but I know it's because she's not feeling well. She will always be perfect to me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that she is starting to show signs. i hope that she doesn't have mito. It is good she is starting the testing though, I think knowing is always better than wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena has been showing signs since birth but it wasn't until I read the mito book that I started putting puzzle pieces together. At least with a diagnosis of mito, I can get her the help she needs. Otherwise, I'm just treating random problems/disorders.

      Delete